December means holiday shopping, the perfect time for fundraisers and, of course, Christmas cookies! And since you are a master at time efficiency, you know that to make the perfect holiday treats you can skip the 2 hour dough prep and head right to the delicious baking part. And to help you save even more time, our Pizza Kit Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough and Chocolate Chunk Cookie Truffles recipe is your holiday go-to. You only need four ingredients and putting together the truffles is perfect for a family night in.
Chocolate Chunk Cookie Truffles
- 2 packages Pizza Kit Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 package Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tablespoon Crisco
- Follow the Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough instructions, but bake the cookies a couple minutes over the package recommendation. You want cookies to be more on the crunchy side versus soft. Let cool on cookie sheet.
- Put cookies in food processor and process until cookies resemble bread crumbs, add cream cheese (if food processor is not large, divide into 2 batches) and mix together until smooth and starts to form into a ball.
- Roll cookie mixture into balls on waxed paper covered cookie sheet. Refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips and Crisco on low heat until smooth, stirring constantly.
- Dip cookie dough balls into chocolate and return to cookie sheet. Sprinkle with ground peanuts or pecans before chocolate sets. Return chocolate covered cookies to refrigerator until set (about 30 minutes).
Your cookies will taste just like a truffle!! Enjoy!! And if you are looking for other delicious recipes, check out our recipe section.